Gone are the days when we were stuck only in traditional marketing. In the 21st century there has been high emergence of Digital marketing. In the recent survey it has been seen that the value of traditional marketing has fallen by 160%. Magazine giant such as Newsweek have recently switched to digital publications embarking the presence of Digitization. Now, Let us see the in detailed aspects of Digital marketing Vs Traditional marketing.
What is Traditional Marketing?
Traditional marketing is a type of advertising or promotion that has been used by companies since ages and have a significant success rate. The examples to showcase them is posters,brochures ,business cards to name a few.Traditional marketing can also take place through a referral or a word of mouth.
Advantages of traditional Marketing
- Traditional marketing has been around for years and the methods that are used in Traditional marketing are indeed proven to be successful.
- There are various case studies and analysis available in case of traditional marketing which can be useful for the particular market you want to target.
- Traditional marketing has the tendency to be advertised to the particular leads.
- Traditional marketing is more accessible and in turn doesn’t depend on the internet for the access.It can be seen on television,radio or even a print advertisement.
Disadvantages of traditional Marketing
- Traditional marketing doesn’t target a specific group and instead target general groups or areas in general.It might reach a lot of users, but you are not sure if it has reached to your target group.
- The Digitization has taken into place and many traditional methods such as magazines and newspaper are going online, thus less number of people turn out to be reading the printed versions.
- Traditional marketing methods are not good enough for the younger age group, especially the group below 30 years as they consume more Online content.
- Traditional marketing methods are more predictable as compared to digital marketing.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing is proportional to the technology used and as long as technology will advance digital marketing will perhaps prosper. Digital marketing is a generic term that is used for the marketing purpose of services and products that rely on digital technologies such as internet which includes mobile phones or any kind of digital medium. Few examples of digital marketing are banner ads, social media or youtube videos. People can search your brand via social media, Paid ads or organic search and thus become familiar with your brand. This helps you to generate potential leads for your business.
Advantages of digital marketing
- The results in digital marketing are easy to explore and find out with potentially less effort.
- You have the potential to reach an infinite audience with digital marketing who are available online.
- It is very user friendly and uses various social outlets to reach potential customers.
- It is more affordable than the traditional marketing methods.
- It can get traceable and measurable results.
Disadvantages of digital marketing
- Need to update information time to time ,which could eventually be time consuming.
- More competition in this field of marketing and by the time the user reaches your website they would have already purchased the service or product.
- You have to rely on the google algorithm to fetch good results and there might be no guarantee to get potential results.
The world in the modern era has transformed significantly and are moving towards the digital aspect of marketing. We can witness that our day to day activities involves more aspects of digitization like banking transaction,online shopping,buying and selling of items to name a few. We can even witness many magazines going into digital platform. In the changing scenario it is advised to accept the digital based world as you could easily interact with your potential customers. I hope you might have got enough information about Digital marketing Vs Traditional marketing aspect.